Sunday 7 February 2010

Black alpaca breeders day

Inca alpaca very generously hosted a day for black alpaca breeders yesterday at their farm. There were talks and discussions on fibre processing and the associated preparation of fleece. An opportunity to see some high quality older females to recognise the traits we should be looking out for in those and some examples of the results and consequences of breeding decisions. I was very lucky to be invited and appreciate the effort that was put in to holding this event. A great way to learn more about the industry!

Kerry from Toft Alpaca Shop talking about fibre processing.


The hog roast!

Kerry showing us the principles of sorting a fleece for processing.

6 comments:

Patou Alpacas said...

Great photos! Great get together! Great pig and I just wish I could have been there for the whole day.

farlap bloodhounds said...

please dont tell me that s a "failed" alpaca on the spit!!! :)))

Amiryck said...

I did offer one ;o)

Henny14 said...

Cool. I see you Mark and Angus! It looks a great event. I hope Kerry of Toft's jumper was made of said black alpaca!

Lucy said...

Sorry, the above comment was from me - logged in as Sorcha by mistake.

Amiryck said...

Kerry's cardigan was an alpaca one - it is lovely!