Monday 30 August 2010

New Arrival!

Call me impatient but I have been willing for the birth of another cria so that Elmer who was born 3 1/2 weeks ago had someone his age to play with.  Erica is now several months old and quite a lot larger than him and it is always nice to watch the cria play together.

I had been on a trip to Incaland today to celebrate my mums **th (cough, splutter) birthday with a surprise party.  Having had a lovely time and enjoying the spread laid on by Tracey and Tim I dashed back to check on the animals.  I was very excited to arrive back to find Clover had given birth to a little boy, presumably just after I had left since he was pretty dry.  Both are doing really well and she has taken to motherhood brilliantly.  I didn't have to wait long to see him drinking, which is always the most tense part of the whole process for me!

Below are some pics...
The new addition
Meeting the others
Elmer, who now has a friend close to his age
Cally and Apple

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done to Clover, managing all on her own! Hope things continue to go smoothly.

Lucy said...

Congrats to you and Clover. He looks lovely. Who's the Daddy? Clover's half sister Rafa was not ready for mating last year so she's being mated in the next day or so.

Patou Alpacas said...

Lovely little fellow. Looks fawn? Who is the dad?

Amiryck said...

He is a real sweetie! He is just slightly darker than his mum who is urm dark fawn or was that light brown!!! His daddy is the might Jack!