Sunday 16 October 2011

A big step for Amiryck

We have had rather a tense and hectic last couple of weeks on top of our normal manic-ness!  I have for some time been looking around for suitable husbands for Apple.  I was concious that I didn't want to "get in a hole" with the gene pool over here since a large number of the wires we see in the UK are from only a handful of lines, which starts to make finding an unrelated male pretty difficult.  I had seen a male I liked in Holland, whose progress I had been monitoring with the thought of possibly asking to use him.

However a couple of weeks ago I saw a male for sale in Hungary that stood out to me.  Interestingly when I asked about his pedigree he was descended from the same lines as the male I had liked in Holland.  However, despite the fact that we liked the look of him we wouldn't dream of importing a male without making sure we liked his temperament.  So last weekend Richard went on a whistle stop trip to Hungary to make sure he was what he seemed.  He was and the last week has seen some frantic planning to get him over here, thankfully he already had his pet passport.

He arrived home today and has settled really well.  We know he will have a lot of differences to get used to but he has such a lovely nature we are sure it won't take him long to adjust.

So meet Fürdöházi Álnok (Cézár).  Our thanks to Zsofia and Rita for their help getting him here!




Maggie, Daisy, Cezar, Apple, Cally and Herby

3 comments:

hwvizsla said...

Very nice addition to your gang Karen! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Very nice dog! Cezar is the dad of our Csipke (Zoldmali Galagonya). Good luck for the new family member!
Best wishes from Hungary!

Gabor
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000488990167

Tim said...

What a great looking boy Cézár is - many congrats Karen & Richard.