Monday 26 April 2010

Another Busy Weekend

In an attempt to avoid boredom I managed to jam pack my weekend again...

Friday saw a trip to WELKS Championship Show. I thought it would be nice for people to get to see Herby's brother Milo out and about so I offered to take him to WELKS with Herby. Milo is a complete novice at showing - he has only been stacked a few times in his life and the show was the first time I had ever put a slip lead on him. He had never had a judge "go over him". So I really had no idea what to expect. He proved an absolute star though and stood and moved like he had done it many times before. I was happy with him just behaving for me so imagine my surprise when he was placed first in his puppy class. Fantastic! I had entered Herby into the Junior Dog class so I could take Milo in the puppy class and he did me proud and won that and went on to be awarded Best Puppy Dog. Tennant, looking gorgeous as ever won VHC in a big Post Grad. Dog class. How proud was I of the three Amiryck boys!!

Below are pictures of Milo taken by Sam of Farlap Photography. I was thrilled that Sam was on hand to take some photos of him because nothing quite compares to the quality of the images she captures - she comes highly recommended by me :)



Saturday saw a trip to Stoneleigh Park and the Spring Alpaca Fiesta. Where Inca, as is often the case, managed to bag Champion Black Male and Female!! Congratulations to Tracey and Tim. It was a good opportunity to catch up with some alpaca friends as well.

Unfortunately I had to come home Saturday night rather than staying for Sunday so that Richard could go to the HWVA Spring Pointing Test. A very successful event where the majority of dogs that ran were wires. I understand a good day was had by all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOT FORGETTING YOUR CHAUFERRING SERVICES! WHAT A BUSY WEEKEND YOU HAD!

Tim said...

Many congrats on the WELKS successes for your boys - a tough show too!! Milo is absolutely stunning I must say - Incidentally, did you know that he and Herby are Uncles to our boy Mingus??

Amiryck said...

Hi Tim,

Yes I have noticed the common relative in Fido (Z. Avar). To be honest I am surprised more people haven't used him since there are a few nice examples of his progeny out there!

Karen